Christiano Ronaldo born Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro is a Portuguese professional footballer. He was born on the 5th of February, 1985 in Funchal, Madeira, Portugal.
He plays as a forward for Serie A club Juventus and also captains the Portugal national team.
He is often considered the best player in the world and widely regarded as one of the greatest players of all time.
Here are 10 facts you probably didn’t know about the Football Legend
- Cristiano Ronaldo became the first footballer in history to become a billionaire during his career in the year 2020.
- Ronaldo has won five Ballon d’Or awards and four European Golden Shoes.
- He was born to a mother who was a cook and a father who was a gardener and kit man for Andorinha club.
- He stopped school at a very young age of 14 years.
- He became the most expensive teenager in English football history when he signed with Manchester United with a transfer fee of 12.24 million in the 2003 to 2004 football season.
- Ronaldo does not have any tattoos on his body as he regularly donates blood and bone marrow.
- When Ronaldo was only 20 years, he lost his father to an alcoholism-related liver condition at age 52 in September of 2005 when he was only 20 years.
- Christiano and another man were investigated by the British Crown Prosecution Service after a 2005 rape allegation was brought forward by two women.
- He is the second male to score 100 international goals and the first European man to achieve the feat.
- Sports market research company Repucom named Ronaldo the most marketable and most recognized football player in the world in May 2014.