Neymar born Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays as a forward for club Paris Saint-Germain and also the Brazil national team .
He was born on the 5th of February, 1992 in Mogi das Cruzes, Brazil.
Here are 10 facts you probably didn’t know about the Football star.
- Neymar is reportedly faithful with tither(giving 10% of his income to his church) and he names Kaka as his religious role model.
- Neymar is a Christian; a Pentecostal. He sometimes puts on a head band that reads “100% Jesus”.
- He made his professional debut at the age of 17 at Santos FC.
- His top three clubs in Europe are Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona
- The prosecutor’s office in Madrid investigated the transfer fee paid for Neymar during his move to Barcelona in the year 2014.
- Barcelona and club president Josep Maria Bartomeu were charged with tax fraud after Neymar’s move to the club.
- He scored his 100th goal for Barcelona on the 2nd of April, 2017 in a win over Granada.
- A payment of €222 million to Barcelona, equal to the release clause of his contract, which constituted the most expensive transfer ever on the 3rd of August, 2017.
- Neymar was left out of the Brazilian squad for the 2010 World Cup in spite of a 14,000 signature petition and a call from football legends Pele and Romario for him to be added.
- He became the fifth highest scoring goal scorer for the national team with 40 goals in 58 appearances.