The Ahoe branch of Assemblies of God church located in Ho, Volta Region was gutted by fire yesterday night, Wednesday 1st April, 2020.

Lambert Coffie Atsivor who’s a chief Editor at Volta Online GH news portal narrated how everything happened via his Facebook page.

According to what eye-witnesses told him, there was a heavy rainfall yesterday in Ho and the fire broke out just after the rain.

assemblies of god fire

The fire is said to have started from the air conditioner that works in the Pastor’s office and then got spread to other offices before entering the main church auditorium.

Since Ahoe is very populated, people who live around the church raised alarm and the Ghana Fire Service was called upon.

The Fire Service team came on the scene with 2 engines and having seen that the fire was huge, they ordered a 3rd engine to be brought from Kpetoe, a neighboring town.

The firemen who took about 20 minutes before arriving at the scene managed to contain the inferno from spreading to adjourning houses in the densely populated Ahoe suburb.

assemblies of god fire

Mr. Lambert Coffie Atsivor further narrated that early responders managed to salvage a few items from the church, Chunk of musical instruments, sound equipment, and furniture burnt.

Below is a video of an account of how everything happened: