Court adjourns NAM1’s case to September 7

by - 2 mins

The prosecution in the case involving the Chief Executive Officer of Menzgold, Nana Appiah Mensah, also known as NAM 1, says it is still waiting for advice from the Attorney-General’s Department ahead of the commencement of the trial.

Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP) Sylvester Asare, told an Accra Circuit Court, presided over by Ms Ellen Asamoah, that the advice would enable them to proceed on the matter.

“When the advice is ready, we will issue a hearing notice to the accused person to appear,” he said.

The Court, consequently, adjourned the case to Monday, September 07, at the request of the Prosecution.

READ ALSO:  Zambian pastor, Charles Kalombo, sent nude videos & photos to married members & the husband of one of the women releases it

When the case was last called on Tuesday, June 23, the State filed new charges against NAM 1.

It, therefore, asked the Court not to take his plea as there would be further instructions.

NAM 1’s lawyers have, however, pleaded with the Court to expedite the process for their client.

NAM 1, with some of his family members, who are at large, is currently facing 63 counts for money laundering, stealing and taking deposits without authority.

READ ALSO:  People should be able to commit suicide whenever they want to - Activist campaigns

The Circuit Court on July 26, last year granted him bail in the sum of GH¢1 billion with five sureties, three to be justified.

He had pleaded not guilty to all initial 13 charges levelled against him by the State.

NAM 1 was initially charged with abetment of crime, defrauding by false pretences, carrying on a deposit-taking business without a licence, sale of minerals without a licence, unlawful deposit-taking, and money laundering.

He has reportedly taken various sums of money, totalling GH¢1.6 billion from customers.

Source: GNA

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.