NPP Chairman, Kwadwo Boateng Agyemang claims NPP’s introduction of new taxes is as a result of former President John Mahama’s mismanagement of the economy.
Speaking on Asempa Fm, he said vehemently that if Mahama had managed the economy well enough, things wouldn’t have been this worse as we see under Nana Addo.
Hence, those taxes are necessary to fix the economy.
However, Mahama deserves all the blame.
Watch the video below:
View this post on Instagram
These are the six new taxes introduced by the Government:
- Tax on betting/gaming. On Gaming Policy, government said gaming had become a major income earner all across the globe and a significant source of government revenue.
- Government will be introducing a Covid-19 Health Levy of 1% on VAT, Flat Rate Scheme (VFRS) and a 1% on National Health Insurance Levy (NHIL) as part of revenue measures to help the economy recover.
- Energy Sector Recovery Levy of 20 pesewas per litre on fuel.
- Review of road tolls
- Sanitation and Pollution levy
- Financial sector cleanup levy