Most people love shortcuts, especially keyboard shortcuts. These gives us quicker ways to accomplish tasks and navigate apps and web pages.
Taking notes on your mac can be more easier than you thought about. The shortcuts to navigating the notes application on your mac has been given below.
The Notes window
You can use the following shortcuts to work with the Notes app and window itself.
- Show the window: Command + 0 (zero)
- Show notes in list view: Command + 1
- Show notes in gallery view: Command + 2
- Move between window areas: Tab
- New note: Command + N
- New folder: Shift + Command + N
- Search notes: Option + Command + F
Note editing and formatting shortcuts
You can format your notes and add things to them with quick keyboard shortcuts.
- Use Title formatting: Shift + Command + T
- Use Heading formatting: Shift + Command + H
- Use Subheading formatting: Shift + Command + J
- Use Body formatting: Shift + Command + B
- Increase the text size: Command + Plus Sign (+)
- Decrease the text size: Command + Hyphen (-)
- Attach a file: Shift + Command + A
- Create a link: Command + K
- Zoom in on a note: Shift + Command + Greater Than Sign (>)
- Zoom out of a note: Shift + Command + Less Than Sign (<)
- Print a note: Command + P
If you like to use lists in Notes, whether bulleted, numbered, or checked, keep these shortcuts in mind.
- Use Checklist formatting: Shift + Command + L
- Increase a list level: Command + Right Bracket or Tab
- Decrease a list level: Command + Left Bracket or Shift + Tab
- Move a list item up: Control + Command + Up Arrow
- Move a list item down: Control + Command + Down Arrow
- Add a line break in a list: Control + Return
- Mark or unmark a checklist item: Shift + Command + U
If you work with tables in your notes, these keyboard shortcuts are handy.
- Insert a table: Option + Command + T
- Add a row below: Option + Command + Down Arrow
- Add a row above: Option + Command + Up Arrow
- Add a column to the right: Option + Command + Right Arrow
- Add a column to the left: Option + Command + Left Arrow
- Add a break within a cell: Option + Return
- Move one cell to the right: Tab
- Move one cell to the left: Shift + Tab
- Select a row: Shift + Left Arrow or Right Arrow
- Select a column: Shift + Up Arrow or Down Arrow
- Select a table: Command + A while your cursor is in the table
Enjoy using these shortcuts to work easily and quickly.