Livingston Etse Satekla, who goes by the stage name Stonebwoy is undoubtedly one of Ghana’s biggest exports when it comes to music. Here are some facts about him that proves he deserves all the hype he is receiving today.
1. Stonebwoy holds Degree in Marketing from University of Professional studies in 2013.
2. Stonebwoy has released an album at least once every 3 years. He so far in his career release 4 albums, his debut one being ‘Grade 1’ in 2012, followed by ‘Necessary evil’ in 2014, ‘epistles of Mama’ (2017) and Anloga junction in 2020. Making it a mouthwatering 84 singles tracks (All album track list combined) within 8 years.
3. From 2010, He is one of the only two Ghanaian artist to win a BET Award. The artist has two BET award Nominations, winning one in the process. Only Sarkodie (4 nominations 2 wins) has more recognition.
4. He also remains the only Dancehall artist in Africa to win BET award, Overall Artist of the year and Dancehall artist of the year (Both Local) all in the same year. He achieved this by winning them all in 2015.
5. He was adjudged Most Promising Act and Best Raggae Dancehall entertainer at the international Raggae and world Music awards in 2016 and 2020 respectively.
6. The 32 years old is the first African Dancehall artist to win both BET and Nickeloden award when he was crowned favorite Africa star in 2019.
7. His breakthrough song ‘Climax’ came during his days under Samini when he featured his then Boss on it, earning him a first nomination at Ghana Music Awards.
8. The BHIM Nation President is the first and only Ghanaian artist to get two Billboard plaques.his certification came after his features on Collie Buddz’s “Hybrid Album” and Sizzla Kalonji’s “I’m Yours” album. The two albums ranked #1 and #2 respectively on Billboard charts.
9. Aside Music, Stonebwoy is also an author, he appeared in the movies ‘happy death day’ and ‘my name is Ramadan’ .
10. In 2017, Stonebwoy established the ‘Livingston foundation’ which is aimed at helping the less privileges.