Ever since his banger went viral, the dance-hall artist has become a household name for almost everyone.
He appeared on Citi FM’s Traffic Avenue and spoke to Jessica Opare Saforo and Osei Kwame on his journey to stardom.
According to him:
1. His showbiz name J. Derobie was couched from his real name is Derrick Obuobi Junior.
2. He attended Dagbon Stage Senior High School.
3. J. Derobie lives at Nungua in Accra.
5. He works at the Birth and Death Registry as a volunteer.
6. Before ‘Poverty’, he had released ‘Awuradee’, ‘Vim’ and ‘Odo Yewu.’
7. Poverty is still Number 1 on iTunes chart.
8. J. Derobie was among the many talented acts across Africa selected for Mr. Eazi’s ‘EMPAWA Africa’ initiative.
9. The video was directed by Salifu Abdul Hafiz who doubles as his manager.
10. He started as rapper but had to quit because he was told by friends that he was a good singer.
He is currently recording a new banger with Mr Eazi.