A legal representative of the protesters arrested on Thursday, September 21 over the botched march to the Jubilee House has confirmed that almost all of them have been released.
The police rounded up the protesters at the 37 bus terminal, where they were congregating for the demonstration Thursday morning.
According to the police, an application stopping the demonstration had been filed and served Atuguba & Associates, lawyers of organisers Democracy Hub, as far back as Tuesday , September 19.
However, the organisers defied the police directive to start the march.
Most of them, confirmed by the police as 49 in number, were picked up and sent to various prisons in the capital, Accra.
But speaking on Ghana Tonight on TV3 late Thursday, lawyer Prince Elikplim Ganaku confirmed that all of the protesters have been released.
He said they were released under “quite generous” conditions.
“As far as I know, they should have all been released by now,” he told host Alfred Ocansey.
He disputed the police number, confirming that about 56 of the protesters were arrested.
Meanwhile, the protesters have served notice to protest again on Friday, going by the original plan of picketing at the seat of government for three days.