Tsatsu Tsikata is a Ghanaian lawyer. He is also the Ex CEO of the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (GNPC).
He is a notable affiliate and legal counsel to the NDC and regarded as one of the prominent members of the Ghanaian political party.
Here are 10 Facts You Probably Don’t Know About Lawyer Tsatsu Tsikata.
1. At the age of 9, he won a scholarship to secondary education.
2. He was the first Ghanaian to gain admission to the University of Ghana at the age of 16years by which he obtained an LL.B First class degree at the age of 18( a period of 2year interval).
3. He was very intelligent that in his education life, he also won a postgraduate from the University of Ghana to Oxford University, where he acquired a 1st class Honorary in Bachelor of CIVIL LAW.
4. He was a classmate of FMR.PREZ. JERRY RAWLINGS.
5. Amidst his sentence, he boldly and confidently rejected the presidential pardon, till he fought his way out to be declared innocent.
6. Despite his great credentials, he had an asthmatic condition, that almost took his life it wasn’t rushed to Korle -Bu on time.
7. He was also the CEO of the Ghana National Petroleum Company, he wasn’t only specialized in the law firm.
8. After his reign as the CEO of the GNPC in the then government, he was prosecuted for causing financial loss to the state of 230,000ghc. This was the longest trial case, it lasted for 6years.
9. He was appointed lecturer at the law faculty of the University of Ghana and some of his students were:- KWAMENA AHWOI, ALBAN BAGBIN (SPEAKER OF THE 8TH PARL.), FREDDIE BLAY( FRMR. 1ST DEPUTY SPEAKER OF PARL.
10. He has captivated the petitioners’ lawyers with legal trickily, and speeches of astonishing legal brilliance, he has reduced our hardened judges to speaking with involuntary pauses and repetitions, and, in this historic and celebrated ELECTION PETITION case, he is re-writing our legal history. No wonder Lawyer Mr. Tsatsu Tsikata can lay claim to being the greatest Ghanaian trial lawyer of all time.