Firefox browser is one of the most used web browsers around the globe.
The web browser is integrated with many features that makes browsing easier and faster.
However, if you are a Mac user who uses Firefox to browse the internet, this is one is for you.
Keyboard shortcuts are always helpful. It makes it easier for us to execute many actions at a short period of time.
Below are the keyboard shortcuts for Firefox on Mac.
Shortcuts for Windows.
- Open a new window: Command + N
- Open a new private window: Command + Shift + P
- Open address or search in new window: Shift + Return
- Enter/Exit full screen mode: Command + Shift + F
- Close a window: Command + Shift + W
- Undo close a window: Command + Shift + N
- Quit Firefox: Command + Q
Shortcuts for Tabs.
- Open a new tab: Command + T
- Select a tab 1 through 8: Command + 1, Command + 2, Command + 3, etc. up to 8
- Select the last tab: Command + 9
- Cycle through open tabs to the right: Control + Tab (must be enabled in Firefox > Preferences > General)
- Cycle through open tabs to the left: Control + Shift + Tab
- Open address or search in new tab: Option + Return
- Mute/Unmute a tab: Control + M
- Select the address bar: F6 or Command + L
- Complete a .com address in the address bar: Control + Return
- Close a tab: Command + W
- Undo close a tab: Command + Shift + T
- Back: Command + Left Arrow, Command + [ (left bracket), or Delete
- Forward: Command + Right Arrow, Command + ] (right bracket), or Shift + Delete
- Reload: F5 or Command + R
- Reload and override cache: Command + Shift + R
- Zoom in: Command + Plus Sign
- Zoom out: Command + Hyphen
- Reset zoom: Command + 0 (zero)
- Move down a screen: Space Bar
- Move up a screen: Shift + Space Bar
- Move to the top: Command + Up Arrow
- Move to the bottom: Command + Down Arrow
- Save the page: Command + S
- Print the page: Command + P
Shortcuts for searching.
- Find: Command + F
- Find again: Command + G or F3
- Find previous: Command + Shift + G or Shift + F3
- Quick Find: / (Slash)
- Close Find or Quick Find: Escape
- Focus Search Bar: Command + K or Command + Option + F
Shortcuts for bookmark and history.
- Open/Close the Bookmarks sidebar: Command + B
- Open the Bookmarks library: Command + Shift + B
- Bookmark the current page: Command + D
- Bookmark all tabs: Command + Shift + D
- Open/Close the History sidebar: Command + Shift + H
- Clear recent history: Command + Shift + Delete
For safari keyboard shortcuts, click here.